Strawberry production is flourishing in Chiba Prefecture and there are more than 100 strawberry farms where visitors can enjoy “strawberry picking,” which is very popular with tourists. On many of the strawberry-picking farms, various varieties of strawberry are cultivated, and visitors can enjoy eating them to compare their tastes. Specifically, “CHI-BA+BERRY,” a new strawberry variety that hit the stores just a year ago in January 2017, is available only in Chiba Prefecture. Please enjoy strawberry picking in Chiba Prefecture.
1. About “strawberry picking” in Chiba Prefecture
– There are about 100 strawberry-picking farms. “CHI-BA+BERRY” is raised by about 50 farms.
– The strawberry-picking season is from January to around May.
2. About “CHI-BA+BERRY”
– The Chiba Agriculture and Forestry Research Center spent eight years to develop the new variety.
– The berry itself is big and its shape is beautiful. (Big & Beautiful)
– It is sweet and delicious. (Sweet & Delicious)